About Avian Labs
Avian Labs is building consumer software to help billions of people move money from person to person and company to company without having to worry about sort codes, IBANs, wallet addresses, national borders or even different currencies. We’re building this using blockchain technology in a way that is easy and accessible to everyone — while being safe, secure and resistant to fraud and money laundering.
We’re backed by world-class investors and our founding team is composed of senior people who have helped build and scale global companies like Facebook, Monzo, Spotify, Deliveroo and Skyscanner.
Backend at Avian Labs
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer to join our small, experienced, and highly collaborative team.
You’ll have an opportunity to help shape our product and our infrastructure from a very early stage and lay the groundwork for simple, scalable solutions that will one day serve billions of users. We’re using a collection of technologies that include Go, Postgres, GraphQL, Protobuf, AWS and the Solana blockchain.
We’re looking for someone who is product-oriented and cares about how people will use and interact with the software they’re building.
You’ll be a key part of building and defining our product, our infrastructure and our culture for years to come. We’re looking for someone who cares about people, craft and quality and who likes to move fast.
You should apply if
- You’re an experienced engineer who has built backend systems at scale with Go and Postgres. Experience with GraphQL, Protocol Buffers or Solana are a bonus but not required.
- You have a drive to build and want to do it for billions of people, from the ground up
- You want to help build a team, not just be a part of it. You’re happy to take the extra time to explain things, provide actionable feedback, and level up those around you.
- You’re a good communicator, both verbally and written.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity, both technically and organizationally. You’re happy to tackle problems without a clear definition or solution.
- You enjoy owning problems from end-to-end, from the early exploration of the problem through to releasing things to customers.
- You like to share your work early and you’re happy to put something out there when it’s ~70% done.
Our commitment to diversity
We want to build a product that’s used and loved by billions of people, and that means we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. We will fail otherwise. We are absolutely committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We are hiring globally but have a preference for people who can be in our office in London regularly.
How to apply
Send an email to [email protected]. Please include a brief cover note and a resume or CV.